Do Guardians of the Veil dream of Supernal Sheep? On a good night… perhaps.
What of the bad nights? What fills his nights with terror ’till he awakes screaming in his sweat-soaked bed? Is it demonic manifestations of the abyss, dragged into the Fallen World by the paradox of raving Banishers?
Meh. These things happen.
Is it the Seers of the Throne? They spend their days on bent knee before their Exarchs plotting the demise of the Atlantean Pentacle and all those who seek its wisdom, but even they can not shake a Guardian to the foundations of his very soul.
Oh no, it takes much more than these to fill the Guardian’s heart with dread.
What does it take?
It takes one Acanthus Mage.
A Mysterium Acanthus Mage. A young woman with spikey purple hair, a smarmy British accent, and an overachieving sense of urgency. The worst part about this Mage is not that her Tarot Card is “The Fool”, nor is it the fact that she has at her command the power to warp both Time and Fate to her will.
The truly terrifying thing is the cabal in which she is the voice of sanity and reason.
What happens when a young Obrimos Mage in his prime joins an order that’s seen too many episodes of Alias?
Hilarity Ensues, that’s what!
I bring to you:
Top 10 Changeling Pickup Lines
(to use if you never want to get laid again)
- 10. Do you like Arcadian Games?*
- 9. Stop hedging, you know you like me!
- 8. Like the song says, “sooner or later it comes down to Faete… I might as well be the one!”
- 7. You can Contract me any time!
- 6. Give me a chance… have a Changeling of heart!
- 5. Looking for the right person can be a thorny situation. Luckily you found me!
- 4. I may be Wyrd, but I’m fun!
- 3. What a Glamourous dress!
- 2. You hair looks quite fetching!
IF YOU NEED HELP FROM MAGES CALL ME!
*Yes, this was his first line. Clearly he has forgotten that Arcades went out of style decades ago.